Last updated: September 4, 2023
We recognize the importance of your privacy. This policy outlines the information we collect, why we collect it, how we use and disclose it, how we safeguard your information, when your information will be deleted, and your privacy rights. The table below provides a summary, but you should read all the terms to understand this Policy. We may be required to revise this Policy in the future to comply with any applicable regulations, to utilize new technologies, or to improve your experience, so please check back periodically.
Information we collect:
- Information you give us: We may collect information you give us when you use the Service, including your name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. We may also collect other information, such as geographic area or preferences, and when any such information is linked to a specific individual, then that personal information is also captured by this Policy.
- Information that others give us: We may also collect information about you that an Integrated Service makes available to us, and use and disclose that information in accordance with this Policy if you authorize the Integrated Service to connect with us.
- Information we observe: We may also collect the information we can observe when you use the Services, including IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the Service, the pages or other content the User or Visitor views or interacts with on the Service, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of the Service.
Purpose for collecting information:
We use the information for a variety of reasons, including to operate and improve the features of the Service, to address any issues related to the Service, and to customize User content and information.
Disclosure of information:
We will not intentionally disclose information collected by us without your prior consent, unless certain exceptions apply set out in this Policy.
Storage of information:
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
Deletion of information:
When you cease to use the Services, and we are no longer being required to comply with any legal obligations that necessitate the retention of personal information, we may securely delete your personal information.
Access and correction:
Pursuant to your rights under the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ), you have the right to (i) access any of your personal information we hold, and (ii) request correction of any of your personal information we hold.
The Information We Collect
We collect different types of information from people who access any restricted areas of the Site for the purpose of accessing the Service (Users) and other individuals who use the public areas of the Site or Service (Visitors).
You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
Information you give us:
When you use the Services, as a User or as a Visitor, you may provide, and we may collect your information. You may provide us with information in various ways on the Service. For example, when you register for an account, use the Service, post information, interact with other Users through communication or messaging capabilities, or send us customer service requests.
Examples of such information include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. We may collect other information, such as geographic area or preferences, and when any such information is linked to a specific individual then that personal information is also captured by this Policy.
Information that others give us:
Where reasonably practical we aim to collect information directly from the person who is the subject of the personal information. Users may enter personal information about someone else. If you provide us with personal information about someone else, you must ensure that you are authorized to disclose that information to us in accordance with applicable data protection or privacy laws.
You may be given the option to access services provided by third parties (an Integrated Service), or authorize an Integrated Service to provide information to us. By authorizing us to connect with an Integrated Service, you authorize us to collect and store information that the Integrated Service makes available to us, and to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy. You should check your privacy settings with each Integrated Service to understand what information that Integrated Service makes available to us before connecting their services to our Services.
We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners, advertisers, credit rating agencies, and Integrated Services. When such information is linked to a specific individual then that personal information is also captured by this Policy.
Information we observe:
Similar to other services, when a User or Visitor uses the Service we may automatically record certain information from the User’s or Visitor’s device by using various types of technology, including cookies, pixels, or web beacons.
Examples include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the Service, the pages or other content the User or Visitor views or interacts with on the Service, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding a Visitor or User’s interaction with email messages, such as whether the Visitor or User opens, clicks on, or forwards a message. This information is gathered from all Users and Visitors.
Purpose of Collection
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to Users.
- To understand the usage trends and preferences of our Visitors and Users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact that Visitor or User for customer service purposes, to address issues related to use of the Service, or with marketing information relating to the Services. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as set out in those communications.
Cookies and Tracking:
- We use information to personalize our Service, provide customized content and information, monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service and marketing activities, monitor Site usage, and track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
- We may combine and analyze the information to measure and evaluate access to and traffic on the Site. Where possible we will use de-identified information. This means the information is collated in such a way so that it no longer reflects or represents any individual.
Disclosure of Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not intentionally disclose information that we collect or store on the Service to third parties without the consent of the applicable Visitor or User, except in the following circumstances:
- Publicly Viewable: Information that you voluntarily publish in a public area of the Service will be available to any Visitor or User who has access to that content.
- Other Users on Your Account: Certain information about a User’s use of the Services will be available to others depending on the settings chosen by the Users.
- Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process information as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- De-identified Information: We may make certain aggregated or otherwise de-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including for business or marketing purposes and to assist such parties in understanding our Users’ and Visitors’ interests, habits, and usage patterns.
- Regulatory Disclosure: We may disclose information if required to do so by applicable laws or to otherwise cooperate with government regulators.
- Professional Advisors: We also reserve the right to disclose information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability, protect the security or integrity of the Service, or protect our rights or the safety of others.
- Change of Ownership: Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction.
Storage and Deletion of Personal Information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and misuse. This includes, for example, firewalls, encryption data transfers, password protection, and other access and authentication controls.
However, the internet is not a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that your information will be secure at all times. Transmission of information over the internet is at your own risk and you should only enter or instruct the entering of information to our service within a secure environment.
When you cease to use the Services, and we are no longer being required to comply with any legal obligations that necessitate the retention of personal information, we will securely delete your personal information.
Rights of Access and Correction
Pursuant to your rights under the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ), you have the right to:
- Access any of your personal information; and
- Request correction of any of your personal information,
held by us by contacting us using the details given at clause 5.2. We will respond to your request in accordance with the Privacy Act.
If you wish to contact us in relation to this Policy, our privacy standards, or our information-handling practices please contact us using the details below:
Address: 111 Bridge Street, Nelson 7010
Note that notices delivered to either the physical or email address above may be distributed to our personnel and tracked for reporting purposes.
Changes and Updates
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time.
If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision, and will comply with applicable laws. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of the Policy.